Thomas Engineering Solutions LLC. and its subsidiaries (collectively “TES”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and while using our products and services (“Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to TES websites and Solutions that link to or reference this Privacy Statement and describes how we handle Personal Information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your Personal Information. Additional information on our Personal Information practices with respect to TES Offers may be provided in privacy data sheets and maps, offer descriptions, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. Certain TES websites and Solutions may have their own privacy documentation describing how we handle Personal Information for those websites or Solutions specifically. To the extent a specific notice for a website or Solution differs from this Privacy Statement, the specific notice will take precedence. If there is a difference in translated, non-English versions of this Privacy Statement, the U.S.-English version will take precedence.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (such as account number, and password), social media account information, or payment card number.
The types of Personal Information that we may process depend on the business context and the purposes for which it was collected. It may include:
- Contact, subscription, registration, online identifiers, social media, and discussion forum or communications details;
- Communications (such as audio, video, text) content;
- Online behavior and product usage information;
- Financial Information (such as bank account details or credit card information);
- Details of an individual’s business and other interests and opinions (such as where information is held in a Customer Relationship Management database); and
- Information about the user of our products and services, including System Information such as device identifiers, and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address) when such data is linked or tied to a specific person’s device.
If we link other data with your Personal Information, we will treat that linked data as Personal Information.
Collection & use of your Personal Information
We may collect data, including Personal Information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information on our behalf.
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending notices, marketing, and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We collect Personal Information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Order processing, including billing and payment;
- Customer relationship management and administration;
- Creating and managing user accounts;
- Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features;
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing user experience, communications, and interactions;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from TES or from our partners;
- Managing communications preferences. You can modify your communication preferences at any time. See Your choices and select your communication preferences below.
- Contract performance, Solution delivery, and customer service;
- Managing a job application;
- Administering online education, testing, and certifications;
- Facilitating conferences, webinars, and other events; and
- Protecting TES, our users, Solutions, and others.
If you choose to provide TES with a third party’s Personal Information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding references or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or by submitting a Privacy Request.
Your privacy rights
We need your help to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your Personal Information:
- You can view or edit your Thomassol.com Personal Information and preferences online by using the TES Profile Management Tool.
- When TES is acting as a “data controller,” you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that TES entity as described in the specific Solution documentation or by submitting a request through the Privacy Request form.
- When TES is acting as a “data processor,” and you wish to exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations, TES will direct you to the data controller under the applicable data protection laws.
- If you need additional assistance or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your Personal Information, please feel free to contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, analyzing, improving, securing, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law(s) or otherwise with your consent.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within TES and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, compliance, security, website or Solution functionality, or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested website, Solution, service, or transaction. Examples include processing orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- With TES business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt out of TES sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please submit a Privacy Request.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal processes or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of TES, our business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of your Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. TES implements physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access.
Retention and disposal of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
We will not retain Personal Information in identifiable form when the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was collected has been achieved and there is no legal or business need to retain such Personal Information. Thereafter, the data will either be destroyed, deleted, anonymized, and/or removed from our systems.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, TES uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our website and Solutions and provide greater service and value, to better understand your potential interest in our Solutions, and to provide you with more relevant ads and other content.
To update your cookie preferences, click the “Cookies” link at the bottom of any page on this website.
Forums and chat rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a TES website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (such as your public profile and comments) will be made broadly available to others and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages or for purposes neither TES nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. TES is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request the removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, please submit a Privacy Request. In some cases, we may not be able to remove all Personal Information and comments. In such cases, we will provide you with a response and explanation.
TES encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. TES does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Questions, comments, and How to contact us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
International transfer, processing, and storage of Personal Information
As TES is a global organization, Personal Information may be transferred to TES in the United States of America, to any TES subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various jurisdictions around the world. Similarly, Personal Information may be accessed from countries where TES or its subsidiaries have operations.
By using our websites and Solutions or providing any Personal Information to us, where applicable law permits, you acknowledge and accept the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Our processing of Personal Information includes both automated and manual methods of processing. Our automated methods are often used to assist our manual methods. When automated methods are used to assist in decision-making, we may manually review some of the insights produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the insights were made. This manual review may be conducted by TES employees or trusted third-party business partners who are working on TES’s behalf.
In the event that decisions are made solely based on automated methods of processing and produce a legal effect or significantly affect an individual, we will provide the impacted individual the opportunity to question the decision or request a manual review.
Updates to this TES Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here with an updated revision date. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and abide by them.